The CFI Financial Modeling Competition – World Case Championships is a global event where thousands of financial analysts compete to build the best financial and valuation model of a business. Contestants have 10 days to build a model based on the information provided in the case and must generate a series of recommendations in the form of a presentation.
Register now at financialmodeling.org.
The Private Equity Case Competition
Competitors will be required to build a financial model and provide recommendations based on a real-world case for a private equity firm. This includes:
- Analyzing financial and industry data
- Building a financial model and running scenarios
- Arriving at a valuation for the business
- Creating a PowerPoint pitch book
- Presenting recommendations to executive management
As part of your registration in the competition, each contestant will get access to to the case prospectus and helpful resources and materials to complete their submission.
Ready to compete? Register now at financialmodeling.org.
Why Enter the Competition?
Entering business case competitions can be a great way to learn new things, showcase your skills, earn a world ranking, and win cash prizes!
Entering business case competitions can be a great way to:
- Learn new things – build an Excel model for a private equity firm and value a business
- Showcase your skills – build an Excel model for a private equity firm and value a business
- Increase recruitment opportunities – use the model you create as part of your career portfolio for job applications
- Compete globally
- Win prizes – the competition has $10,000 USD of cash prizes for winners
Anyone working towards the FMVA® certification program (or who has already completed it) can enter the World Case Championships for free! Be sure to enroll and showcase your skills as a world-class financial analyst.
Additional helpful resources include: